Know God, make friends, find support for your life.
The reason we do what we do is that Jesus “was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification” (Romans 4:25, ESV). Glory to God!
Suggestions. Take time to greet each other and to welcome any new participants. You can share coffee and dessert while you are having the lesson.
Part 1. Briefly review the main points of Sunday’s sermon (the main points are marked with an asterisk*), and let the participants review the other points in their homes.
[Notes based on the sermon of our brother Rigoberto Rodriguez]
- Jesus is calling for the church to open the door (Revelation 3:20)
- Human beings are dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1)
- Human beings are misled by Satan (Ephesians 2:2)
- Human beings need Jesus (John 6:35)
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life (John 11:25-26)
- Jesus died for our sins (John 3:16)*
- We are all sinners (Romans 3:23)*
- We are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8)*
Part 2. Invite the participants to share their answers to the questions below.
In what way are the points above relevant to you and to God’s people? How can you apply these principles to your own life?
Part 3. Invite the participants to share their answers to the questions below. The rest can respond to the participants or pray for them as the Holy Spirit leads them to do.
What are you enjoying in life? How has God blessed you? How has God answered your prayers? What do you believe God wants to do in you? What do you believe God wants to do through you?
Take time to pray and thank God for each other.
Part 4. Invite the participants to share their answers to the questions below. The rest can respond to the participants or pray for them as the Holy Spirit guides them.
What challenges and difficulties are you facing in your life? What do you think God wants to accomplish in your life through these trials? What do you need from God during these trials? How can your brothers and sisters in Christ help you?
Take time to pray and make intercession for each other.
Part 5. Throughout the week, read per day two or three of the verses above. Pray about them, asking God to help you and the church to put them to practice. Other things you can do with these verses include:
- Talking about them with your family and friends
- Writing your thoughts about them on a journal
- Memorizing them
- Singing them
- Drawing and coloring about them
- Finding out what else the Bible has to say about the topics in these verses
- Reading them in different Bible versions
- Share them on social media
- Start a blog or vlog about them
If you have comments, questions, suggestions, or testimonies, please email the pastor at email@example.com. You can also invite the pastor to visit your group.
Pastor Marcelo E. Carcach